Friday, May 23, 2014

QUINN ON REDFLEX, STUDENT LOANS…AND GRANITE COUNTERTOPS(?)

5/23/14

On this last week of unofficial Spring, I managed to find the time to come up with only three posts, but on a dizzying array of topics…

HGTV’S HOUSE HUNTERS:  “WHAT?  NO GRANITE COUNTERTOPS?!”
Let it never be said that this is not an eclectic blog.

STUDENT LOANS:  ANOTHER SCHEME FROM DICK DURBIN TO “LIGHTEN” THE LOAD
While I may not be much of a Republican, people like Dick Durbin are the reason it is highly unlikely that I will become a Democrat.  I use the term “highly unlikely” because only a fool uses the terms “never,” however tempting it might be in this context. 

REDFLEX:  COULD JOHN BILLS HAVE PULLED THIS OFF (NEARLY) ALONE?
What I’ll think about and what I’ll believe are two different things, but this is a theory that has to be considered by any serious student of the Redflex affair, which I contend has the potential to be one of the biggest local political stories of the still new century.

Enjoy Memorial Day and take time to honor those who gave so much for us.



For more on Chicago’s politics, see my books:
The Chairman:
The Chairman’s Challenge:


No comments:

Post a Comment